Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Below is a video taken by Simone Berger describing what we do at Ana Paz Cakes.
Due to increased call and email volume, we ask that you CALL US ALWAYS.
We will answer messages in a timely fashion, however, we do encourage you to call us and try to email ONLY the very basics.
Some orders can be done through the phone and email, yet, we do need to speak, so we can spend more time on YOUR cake.
We are a high-volume, small family-run business. Thank you for choosing Ana Paz Cakes.
1) HOW DO I CONTACT ANA PAZ CAKES? By calling and filling out the CONTACT US FORM.
2) DO I HAVE TO FILL OUT THE WHOLE FORM AND FOLLOW-UP WITH A PHONE CALL? Yes. We have a very high volume of calls and email and we are a small family business. In order not to get our signals crossed, we ask that you please be proactive and help us track you.
3) WHAT'S THE REASON FOR THE CONTACT US FORM? To know your personal email, if we need to reach you, your billing address, how you found out about us (magazine, a person, the internet, a friend or vendor referral, and where we need to put our advertising dollars).
4) WHAT SHOULD I DO IF NO ONE FROM YOUR COMPANY CALLS ME FIRST WITHIN 24-72 HOURS? Please call us. Please note: Ana Paz is one person and oversees all cakes, especially our Wedding Cakes. It is necessary for her to work on cakes and also deal with the public. Her time is limited, so be sure to know exactly what you would like to ask when you write a message or consult with her.
5) WHAT THINGS ARE CONSIDERED MOST PRACTICAL TO WRITE IN THE "CONTACT US" FORM?
** The occassion (Wedding or Birthday, etc.) Description of the cake perhaps (Buttercream or Fondant).
** How many guests you'd like to entertain. Yes, everyone eats cake. Our slices are slivers; not pie pieces. Order for the amount you have invited.
6) WHY IS IT NECESSARY FOR ME TO WRITE THE BASIC INFORMATION IN THE CONTACT US FORM? Knowing THE BASICS allows to allot an appointment time for you that is about 30-45 minutes maximum. It helps us to know who and what to expect.
7) HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN I TAKE TO ORDER MY WEDDING CAKE OR ANY OTHER CAKE? We advise the Bride and Groom, Couple, and maybe one or two other people (total 4) as it is a small office space and we want you to feel as comfortable as possible in a very small space that may have an ongoing simultaneous appointment with another party in the same space.
8) SHOULD I TAKE CHILDREN TO YOUR OFFICE? We love children and if you need to, you are most welcome to bring children, but please be advised, strollers will be trying to maneuver in a small space and if you do bring your child, please have them near you at all times. There are fragile items in our store and it can become overwhelming for a child to remain still. Use your judgment.
9) DO YOU HAVE WALK-INS? Yes, please fill out the CONTACT US FORM ANYWAY AND LET US KNOW. Every Tuesday 5:30-7pm. Doral office.
10) CAN I ORDER MY CAKE THROUGH THE PHONE AND EMAIL AND NOT HAVE TO COME INTO YOUR STORE PHYSICALLY? Yes. IS YOUR EMAIL PUBLIC? Our email is for folks who need to send us material and for ordering. It is not published publicly.
11) WHICH CAKE FLAVORS DO YOU HAVE? WILL I GET TO TASTE EVERYTHING AT A CONSULTATION?
We offer our Vanilla Rum, Vanilla Rum with Infusions like Almond, Hazelnut and Lemon. We also offer Chocolate
Cake which is a dry cake with a Fudge Layer in the middle. We typically offer the aforementioned flavors at our consultations as we Bake-Per-Order. If you would like a particular flavor listed in #15 or any other SPECIAL REQUEST IT REQUIRES ORDERING WITH TIME WITH COST. (At least 2 weeks)
12) HOW IS YOUR FONDANT ICING? WILL I LIKE THE FLAVOR OF IT? We do have OUR FONDANT for you to try as well WHICH HAS BUTTERCREAM UNDERNEATH OF IT. (Please note our Fondant Icing product is premium and it is a compliment to our Buttercream Icing). It has no real detectable flavor other than a sugar glaze tastes like.
13) DO YOU ADVISE REQUESTING UNUSUAL FLAVORS FOR FORMAL OCCASIONS? It is up to you what you order, however, we have been in the business long enough to advise you that it's best to keep it simple as you would like for your guests to consume the cake.
14) DO YOU HAVE A GLUTEN-FREE CAKE? We do. However, keep in mind, we are bakers who bake sweet goods and taste is paramount for us. Our Gluten-Free cake is for those folks who do have a problem consuming gluten. We do not recommend it for regular consumption as far as rich taste goes. This is a SPECIAL REQUEST AND REQUIRES ORDERING WITH TIME WITH COST. (At least 2 weeks)
15) WHAT OTHER FLAVORS DO YOU HAVE? We also make Red Velvet, Scrumptuous Chocolate Dream, Guava Batter, Carrot, Almond, Orange, Marble and a Fruit-Medley Rich Rum Cake that has everything and the kitchen sink in it. THESE ARE ALL BY REQUEST AND REQUIRES ORDERING WITH TIME WITH COST. (At least 2 weeks)
16) DOES YOUR PRODUCT HAVE MILK (DAIRY)? We are certified Kosher Pareve (Parve) and so our cakes do not have milk.
17) WHICH FILLINGS CAN I GET FOR MY CAKE? IS IT ONLY ONE LAYER OF FILLING? At an additional cost we can provide fillings like Caramel-style (Dulce de Leche-style), Raspberry, Strawberry, Apricot, Pineapple, Key Lime Pudding, Vanilla Pudding (Natilla), Chocolate Pudding, Coconut, Chocolate Fudge, Buttercream and so on.
Yes, it is only one layer of filling?
18) CAN I CONSUME YOUR CAKES, IF I HAVE A PEANUT ALLERGY? We highly discourage anyone from consuming our cakes, if they have peanut allergies. Our equipment does come into contact with occasional ingredients involving peanuts.
19) CAN I ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS, COCONUT FLAKES, MASHED OREO COOKIES AND MORE TEXTURE TO A PARTICULAR FILLING OR BATTER? Yes, we are more than happy to take SPECIAL REQUESTS.
20) DO YOU MAKE COOKIES TO GO WITH MY CAKE DECOR? Yes, we can. We stick to simple flavors and make the Designs to compliment your occassion.
21)WHY CAN'T I GET A LOCKED-IN QUOTE FOR MY CAKE OVER THE PHONE? When ordering a Custom-Made item, whether edible or not, details are involved. When the details are all completely discussed, we can then quote a price for a cake. Sometimes, if possible, it will be necessary to discuss and price in person.
22) ANA PAZ CHARGES THE MOST OUT ANY CAKE COMPANY, RIGHT? Actually, for some cakes, our prices are fair and for others they will be based on many factors. Ana Paz is a fully-established, inspected, licensed, and insured business with employees. We are required to have equipment that is sanitary. Ana Paz is required to personaly know FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES and is required to be examined for it. We have a certain amount of invetory to have in case of emergencies as they do occur. (In the event that there are things that go wrong the day of your event, we provide temporary solutions to solve issues). NO OTHER COMPANY HAS THE PROVEN SERVICE RECORD OF OUR CAKE COMPANY.
23) SHOULD I ASK FOR A DISCOUNT JUST BECAUSE I FEEL I CAN HAGGLE HER FOR PRICING? We would highly discourage this as it occurs constantly. Ana Paz Cakes has the right to charge whatever it sees fit for your cake. If you wish to shop around you are welcome to, but we do not guarantee any quotes, even a day later. Prices are subject to change without notice to any client, unless a formal agreement in writing and deposit is made.
24) ARE ANA PAZ CAKES EXPENSIVE AS SHE DOES CAKES FOR CELEBRITIES AND SOCIALITES? Ana Paz decides the cost of a cake based on the time she has available to do it, its complexity at times and other factors. One thing has nothing to do with the other.
25) DO YOU MATCH OTHER CAKE COMPANY'S PRICES? That might work for some companies, but our prices are OUR prices. We give you options and you decide whether we are a good fit.
26) DO I NEED TO SAVE-THE-DATE? Yes, by leaving a 50% Deposit, you can save your date. Even if you are with a Hotel Package, if you haven't chosen your vendor, we do require this. We do encourage this as sometimes, we do have to stop baking and begin decorating and taking cakes to their destinations. Please keep in mind, we do over 50-80-100 separate Cake Projects a week. Last minute orders will have LATE FEE ASSESSED
#26 IS NOT YET ACTIVE FOR PURCHASE THROUGH THE WEBSITE AS WE ARE ESTABLISHING OUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT. CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR THIS REASON, IF YOU WISH TO SAVE-THE-DATE!
305-471-5850. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE A VOICEMAIL. HOURS ARE TUES-SAT, 10:30AM-4PM.